Thursday, August 20, 2009

An amazing day of food!

Yesterday invigorated me. I love food. I don't need to have a love/hate relationship with something I truly love. I just need to remember that eating good, healthy food in moderation is the best thing for me, and the days that I have every now and then where I don't worry about calories should be filled with the most amazing food ever. Why waste it on something I could eat everyday or something that really isn't that great?

My day yesterday was filled with some of the most delicious food I have ever encountered. Thank you, San Francisco, you are truly a food lover's paradise.

Our day started off at Zazie's with the La Mer Benedict and Miracle Pancake. We split both and while the La Mer was fabulous (give me the combo of crab and avocado and I'm easy to please), the Miracle Pancake stole the show. The miracle must be that these lemon ricotta pancakes with lemon curd and raspberry sauce don't weigh you down like regular pancakes at all. Almost crepe like, we savored every bite and knew that we started our day off right.

Later on we ended up at Rosamunde Sausage Grill. Oh. My. God. Best sausage I've ever had, ever ever ever. I am not a huge meat eater, and I've gone through periods of being vegetarian. When I do eat meat, I don't generally go for sausage. For some reason, yesterday it sounded delicious so we went in. We ordered the Beer Sausage with grilled onions and sweet peppers and a little bit of sauerkraut. It is a tiiiiiny little place so people order and pay for their sausage here and then take it next door to the Toronado Pub. Beer + Beer Sausage = Yum! The Beer Sausage was a bit spicy and full of delicious flavor. I even purchased two (they sell half cooked ones that you can bring home to grill yourself) for dinner tonight!

Just before we headed out of the city we stopped at a place I've been wanting to try out for a while, Humphry Slocombe. Say what? Delicious, delicious ice cream, the best I've ever had in my life. We tried the Cinnamon Brittle, Tahitian Vanilla, and Secret Breakfast (which they said was bourbon + cornflakes...). All three were SO good! I even tried to make sense of bringing some home but I figured it would melt and I don't really want to have it readily available for immediate consumption every time I open my freezer.

0 comments: