Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Why hello there!

Hello my glorious, non-existent readers, welcome!

Some info about me: I am, according to my lovely BMI, currently overweight. A few months ago I was classified as obese (ugh) and I am working toward the wonderful 'normal' range.

I started my journey on March 31st, 2009 with my first weigh in. Amazingly, I weighed 10lbs less than the last time I was recorded at the Drs (although not quite sure when that was). Don't know where those 10lbs went, but it was nice to be off to a quick start! In the 4 1/2 months since that day I have lost 23 pounds as of today's weigh in. At this time last month I had lost 26 pounds, but I reverted back to some very bad stress and vacation habits that did not help the scale move in the right direction.

I am working toward an exercise appreciation, rather than avoidance, in addition to the weight loss. I know I can be a skinny minnie (more on that in a later post), but aside from the effects of playing soccer/tennis as a kid, I have never been in shape or an "active" person. I want exercise to become a part of my life so that I can be as healthy as possible and set a good example for those around me and my future children.

It's not about getting thin, it's about getting healthy!

0 comments: